Import of domestic animals requirements in Russia are determined by the “Common Veterinary (Veterinary-sanitary) Requirements for goods subject to veterinary control (supervision)”, approved by the Customs Union Commission decision on June 18, 2010 (N 317).
According to Chapter 15 of the Common Veterinary Requirements, the importation is permitted for clinically healthy fur-bearing animals, rabbits, dogs and cats from the areas free of the following contagious animal diseases:
- For all kinds of animals:
- Viral encephalomyelitis of all types, Trypanosomiasis – in the last 12 months in the country or administrative territory;
- Anthrax – during the last 20 days at the farm.
- For the foxes, dogs and cats:
- Aujeszky’s disease, Tularemia, Dermatophytosis (Trihofitii, Microsporia) – in the last 12 months within the administrative area or at the farm;
- Rabies, Tuberculosis – in the past 6 months within the administrative area or at the farm;
Not later than 14 days prior to the animals shipment, they are to be vaccinated if they have not been vaccinated within the previous 12 months:
- Dogs – for Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Viral Enteritis, Parvo- and Adenovirus infections, Leptospirosis;
- Cats – for Rabies and Feline Panleukopenia;
For the importation of domestic animals (not more than 2 heads) belong to individuals, import permission is not required if they are accompanied with an International Animal Passport with the mark of the clinical examination fulfilled by the authorized clinic within 5 days prior to the shipment. It is equal to the veterinary certificate.
More information is available here
Please note that the airline (carrier) could have specific requirements, for example:
- 1.If the animal is transported in a bag-cage, the cage should provide the animal the ability to rotate in 360 degrees.
- 2.Only one dog per cabin is allowed.
These requirements need to be clarified directly from the carrier.